Monday, November 1, 2010

DEAR OAK

DEAR OAK



Old and living, so huge and strong, so beautiful and lush

You are  the comfort of my empty afternoons 
You are my eternal confidant 
I would like to understand your language. 

Let me know your age.

Your enormous figure of rough bark 
and hurt kept secrets, signs of love saves, 
is home to insects, bird's nest 

Beauty is eternal always inhabited the house, 
always accessedi wish you could to talk to me, 
and  confess  me everything you've seen 

from the beginning of your life.

Sometimes I wish to join my life to yours 

and thus form part of your immortality 
and die only when you're cut.
Always be immortal, my dear oak.

I'll always be by your side.



JANUS


Translation in english of:



This poem talks about a robust oak, the author describes it as huge, strong, beautiful, lush, enormous and even eternal. At the same time the author highlights the fragility of the oak and how all this could be gone if he was cut down. 


No comments:

Post a Comment